function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RavishankarRavishankar 

Record level security

I am facing a problem like this

1-I have a two user with different different role

a) Board of director.

b)Senior employee.

2-And a single Object called meeting.

Problem is that-:1-When senior employee create meeting this meeting view by Board of director only after approval.

I want the meeting view for Board of director or other employee after approval.

but problem is that when senior employee create meeting than its view by all other user like board of                                        director, Junior employee before approval.

2-Means I want Meeting will be visible to creator until approved.

Swap50Swap50

I guess you can try apex sharing instead of using sharing rules

BrendanOCBrendanOC

Do you want to keep the meeting private for security reasons, or usability reasons?

If its for security reasons, you can't really prevent someone with a higher privilege level from accessing a subordinate's records.

If its for usability reasons, you can hide the meeting record a number of ways.  You can use Workflow rules and queues, or you could create customized listviews or page layouts.  At a high level, you could filter by something like meeting__c.status__c = pending or status__c = approved.

Hope that helps!

Brendan