function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
devsf1devsf1 

Security review

Do you need to go through a security review even if you don't want to publish your app on App Exchange.

Yogesh BadweYogesh Badwe

Hey - From what I understand, you don't need to undergo security review if you don't plan to publish your app on the AppeXchange.

Cheers!

Yogesh Badwe

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

No, This is not required if you are not going to publish your application on the App Exchange. But it is better to keep in mind the security issues at the time of development of your  Application.

devsf1devsf1

Thanks a lot for your responses. A few follow up questions -would really appreciate if some one could answer these.

1. Do you need to go through security review if you become an OEM partner (and not list on App Exchange).

2. Can you deploy an app (without being an OEM partner) to customers by just getting an Enterprise Edition account for each user. What are the pros and cons of this approach.

Thanks in advance.

Yogesh BadweYogesh Badwe

In response to your first question, Yes: "All applications enrolled in the AppExchange and/or OEM Program must go through an annual security review." http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Security_Review

Yogesh

ca_peterson_againca_peterson_again

You *can* actually OEM without going through security review, but it's a terrible idea.

The huge advantage to security review (besides the free marketing via appexchange listings) is that objects, apex, and tabs included do not count against the limits of customer orgs, and if you're building a large app it's essential.

I'm an OEM developer, and trust me it's well worth $300 to get reviewed.

devsf1devsf1

Thanks all for your responses. Could someone provide input on the below:

2. Can you deploy an app (without being an OEM partner) to customers by just getting an Enterprise Edition account for each user. What are the pros and cons of this approach.