function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
syussyus 

Issue with CSS file not fully re-publishing

I published my site for the first time today. I made a few CSS changes after that. Even though the publishing tool appears to be republishing my CSS file, it is not picking up new classes I've added. Any thoughts on how to force a complete re-publish of the CSS file? Thanks.

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

Can you post a link to the full URL of your CSS file?

syussyus

http://www.syus.com/?StylesheetID=abb8c4a4-b607-4fbd-9bfa-a66ea5357cca&v=1.201203022209280375.en_US

It appears to have updated now. Is there a delay on this happening or did you force something? I will try again with some changes now.

syussyus

Just experienced the issue again, specifically I made changes to the CSS and also to the pages themselves, and the changes to pages rolled out to live but the CSS did not, even thought I selected it to publish. I have tried this with both adding CSS elements and deleting them. When I compare the file in my preview site and studio to the one on libe, the one on live hasn't picked up the changes. Then after some period, apparently greater than 24 hours, the CSS gets picked up, or someone forces the change. 

bryan.andersonbryan.anderson

I am experiencing this same issue. I published changes yesterday at around 3pm and all changes except CSS have been published. As of this writing, the stylesheet has not been updated.

It's good to see that the CSS is now being stored in an external stylesheet as it had been included in an inline <style> block previously.

syussyus

Still hasn't updated for me from yesterday. The workaround I used until the CSS file did update was to use an inline style right in the tag.

I think the inline in the head is only when it is in preview mode.

bryan.andersonbryan.anderson

My published CSS has just been updated. Waiting about 20 hours for CSS changes to be published is a serious concern. I hope that this problem disappears soon.

As for the style inline in the head, as of a few weeks ago, both the preview and publish site had the CSS inline, only recently I have seen the CSS added as an external file.

syussyus

Mine just updated as well. I have emailed Ryan Guest directly. I have been getting put off by my rep about needing to be a premier support customer for this. I indicated I viewed this as a defect and that I was also concerned about the lack of available resources for what I think is otherwise a very good product.