function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BBeairdBBeaird 

Shared Login for Customer and Partner Portal users

We are developing a new site that will be used by both Customers and Partners. For now, the functionality is the same and both users will be seeing the exact same pages. However, because their license types are different, one uses a site associated with customer portal and the other uses a site associated with the partner portal.

Is there no way to consolidate these into a single login page such that if I can detect which users are partners, I could then direct their login to go through the partner site? We really don't want to have two separate login URL's...

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi

Partner Portal licenses are expensive  than Customer Portal Licenses. Since for you both Partner Portal functionality and Customer Portal functionality are the same, why do you have Partner Portal created? You can just declare the partner accounts as Customers and can create Customer portal users for the partners right? This way, you will have only one Url and you save on licenses as well.

Alternatively you can try this,

Create a new Site and do not link it with Customer or Partner Portal. In this Site Page, Accept the User Id only. On click of the button, check whether the user exists, Is active and whether is a customer portal user or a partner portal user. Depending on the query result, redirect to the relevant login screen and pass the user id in url, so that it appears in the login screen populated. User will just enter the password and get into their respective portal.

Thanks

BBeairdBBeaird

The functionality is the same now, but we will eventually add extra features for the partner portal users. Even after that, we ideally still would like to have just one login page for both.

Your "staging" site is an interesting idea, but we really don't want to add another step from our users, especially since most of them are already hitting our Force.com site after originally coming from our main company page.

I think the best solution we're looking at now is just to direct all users to the customer portal login page and just have a link to the partner page that partner users can click on to get redirected.

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The Customer or Partner are already coming in from the Company Website, in case they are logged into Company Customer / Partner Portal, when they come in into Salesforce.com Site, you do a single sign on with Customer Portal or Partner Portal. This would be a better user experience.

Thanks

BBeairdBBeaird

I should clarify - when I say they are coming from another of our sites, they are not logged into that site. That site is our main customer facing content management site. The actual account management piece is what we are now hosting in Salesforce. So that site links them over to Salesforce where they login.

SFCSFC

what type of information shared by customer in partner portal salesforce