function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
csorrowscsorrows 

Can Customer Portal users delete Contact objects?

I'm working on enhancing our customer portal, and one of the things we have exposed are the Contacts for a user's account.  Currently, customer portal users can view, create, and update Contacts, but I haven't found a way for them to delete Contacts.

I did a bunch of Google searches, but everything I found had to do with deleting actual customer portal user accounts, or enabling customer portal users to create other portal users, NEITHER of which is what I'm trying to do.  One thing I did notice is I'm unable to give Delete access to any objects for the customer portal profile we're using (which is a custom profile, not the standard one).

I'm just trying to find a way for customer portal users to be able to maintain their own contacts, and delete them if they're no longer needed, without having to open a case for us to delete them for them.

Assuming this is not possible out-of-the-box, can it be done with a custom Contact controller extension and Visualforce page?  Or would that not help, if I can't give Delete access to the Contact object, even a custom extension/VF page won't be able to delete them either?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed

No, Customer portal users cannot delete contacts, if you login to customer portal - there is no contacts tab!!!

csorrowscsorrows
But can it be done via a custom controller and Visualforce page?
ChadMeyerChadMeyer

Yes, you should be able to accomplish this with a custom controller (without sharing/system mode) and VF page. Be careful!