function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trictric 

IP whitelist

Hi friends, when I try to access webservices hosted on the server from salesforce customer portal I get an error message,unable to tunnel through Proxy http,1.0 service unavailable. Can IP Whitelist help me in this?If it then please answer the following questions Q-1 Where do I need to add IP addresses to ensure that salesfiorce can communicate with server hosting webservices? Q- 2 I keep on moving from Europe to Asia and I access salesforce from Asia.Once I have got salesforce IP addresses added to the server hosting web services(I am guessing that I need to add IP addresses on the server hosting web services) ,Will I be able to access my webservices from salesforce while sitting in Asia. Q-3 After adding IP addresses.Will I be able to Login to salesforce while I am in Asia?. Can somebody Help? Thanks, Trick
Jia HuJia Hu
Add the link of your web service to the Salesforce Remote Site, then Salesforce can access the link.
If you access the web service through Salesforce, whatever you are located, you can login to the Salesforce and access the service.
trick.ax1374trick.ax1374

Hi Jia,

I had webservices(rest based web services) end point which is Https(SSl) added to the remote site settings before I posted this question but that did not work.

Not sure why that error is coming .Any more pointers on the error.

In your opinion what can be the reason for this error.

Thanks,

Trick

Jia HuJia Hu
Firstly, make sure Salesforce can build SSL connection successfully with your web server
then test your web service.
SurpriseSurprise

Hi,

Salesforce is able to establish connection with the web server without any problem ,only when firewall is disabled.

When firewall is on then it geneartes an error, unable to to tunnel through proxy server ,service not available

So we know it is firewall issue.Now what do u suggests?

We thought  of  doing  IP whitelists on the web server?

Do we have to add IP address in the salsorce org as well or just add IP on the comany's web server?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated?

Thanks,

Trick

Jia HuJia Hu
Set the IP whitelists on the firewall side will be fine.
SurpriseSurprise

Thanks,Jia