function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IZavalunIZavalun 

Please HELP with GOOGLE Maps!!!!

I would really appreciate if somebody can point me to some samples or show me  how to create S-Control for Google Maps based on following object from SalesForce.com:

Account  è select any field from Account

Contact   è select any field from Contact
BritishBoyinDCBritishBoyinDC
If you just want to pop up a new window with a map, you don't really need an s-control - just create a new custom detail page button on the contact/account object, ,set to display in new window and set content source to be URL, and and in the code section, put something like this, replacing the parts in {} with the merge fields you want to use:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q={!Contact.Mailing_Street__c},{!Contact.Mailing_City__c},{!Contact.Mailing_State__c}, {!Contact.Mailing_Zip__c},{!Contact.Mailing_Country__c}
IZavalunIZavalun
This is what I am looking for...

I have a tab called "Map Search" by clicking I need to bring the dropdown with 2 values 'Account' and 'Contact' when 'Account' is selected the second dropdawn should display all fields for 'Account' cust.object, then when the field is selected I need to enter the string to search (per selected field) and it should give me all pointer on the Google map from the 'Account' object
Ah, that's rather more ambitious.

I would start here and then look on the appexchange for some s-controls from Salesforce Labs to show you how to create a page that can do that
chrisrichterchrisrichter
I have a different, but similar need.  

I need to pass lead or contact address data to a specific site.  I understand this is new custom detail page button.

But, the site is http://www.ffiec.gov/Geocode/default.aspx  It isn't neat and clean like Google. 

I don't understand the search parameters that come up subsequently.  I'm not technical, but this doesn't look like it's inside my wheelhouse:

Think you'll need to contact the website about that one - doesn't seem to be a published api..