function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iSpaceiSpace 

"Permission Denied" error when trying to access an external web service-URGENT

Hi,
I have a custom S-Control which is an AJAX script. This script makes a call to an external web service and the objective is to call a Web Method and get the response back to the salesfoce.com UI. I even tested this script locally on AXIS and it works fine on my local environment.

However, when i plug this script as an S-Control, and run it, I get "Permission Denied" error from the salesforce screen as a javascript error.

Can somebody help on this ASAP??

Thanks,
Abhilash
Greg HGreg H
This could be any number of things.  I would first guess that the sControl is using fields that are not available to the running user.  If this is the case then you should verify that the people with access to run the sControl also have access to all the tables and fields which you use to execute the control.  This can be done by reviewing the profiles of your users with access to the sControl.
-greg
Ron HessRon Hess
Calling out to a remote service is part of our recently announced Salesforce SOA, the javascript proxy that enables this will be available July 1st, check back on the developer network site for details on that date.

permission denied is from the browser as your code attempts to jump from one domain to another , this is not permited by browsers for secruity reasons 
iSpaceiSpace
Thanks for the response. Hope to get this feature soon into salesforce!