function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NWhite123NWhite123 

Creation/update Records from flow to Custom object

I want to be able to create a record when this flow is ran (under a certain critieria) but i also want to be able to pull across all the information that has been inputted into the flow by the customer into the custom object record in Salesforce.

I am new to this Cloud based workflow designer and i have made the flow in terms of decisions and screens but need a hand in connecting that with the object in salesforce

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Natalie White

markross__cmarkross__c

The good news is that this is exactly the sort of thing that the Flow Designer was created to do! The unfortunate news is that the process for this is too long and involved put into a forum post. But I can point you in the right direction.

You will need to use the Record Create element to make the new record, and this has built-in functionality to pass Flow data from previous questions or variables into your newly made objects. It doesn't have to be a core object either; it'll do custom object records just as easily.

I suggest checking out this workbook, published by Salesforce, which walks you through the creation of a few flows. Specifically, Tutorial #3 covers the use of the Record Create element, so that might be a good starting place for you!

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook_flow/workbook_flow.pdf

RajaramRajaram

Thanks GetForcedQ!

Appreciate it!

Nicky123Nicky123

Hello,

I am trying to create a flow for the Recruiting app., and I am stucked with how to maintain the lookup relationship between Job Application custom object and Cadidate & Position object. I am not getting how to add records for Job Application object as it contains two lookUp relationship fields.How to specify the values for these fields to lookUp to the respective Object.

Please help me out as Cloud flow designer concept is new for me.

ForceLoverForceLover

Hi Everyone,

Can we update the lead records via flows.If so please provide an example navigation to do sooo... it's very urgent..

Thanks in advance

Attelli