function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prafulguptaprafulgupta 

Multiple dynamic choices being populated from a single custom object, is it possible?

I have a flow where I have multiple drop downs which need to be populated with dynamic data. I have created a cusom object with all these data values stored into custom pick lists. However, when I try to assign the custom picklist value, the flow doesn't pull the data. 

Is it possible to use picklist values from a SFDC object to populate a dropdown on a flow and use the same for all drop downs on a flow? Or do I need to create seperate custom objects for each of the dynamic drop downs in a flow?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RajaramRajaram

Unfotunately, at the moment, you will need to re-define picklists in a flow. We have this enhancement in our roadmap.

All Answers

RajaramRajaram

Unfotunately, at the moment, you will need to re-define picklists in a flow. We have this enhancement in our roadmap.

This was selected as the best answer
TerryLuschenTerryLuschen

We created one custom object for this issue of working around picklists.   The custom object had two columns.  The first column is the name of the picklist and the second column is the values.   That way we did not have to create a separate custom object for each picklist that we needed to display.

prafulguptaprafulgupta

That's exactly what I did except I added mutiiple rows per tag value.

TeddyAbleTeddyAble

Hello Guys

I know this case has been closed but it is relevant to mine.

I need my flow choices when selected to update a custom field in Salesforce.

Can you guys please tell me how to go aabout it,? because im absolutely LOST

are you saying to achieve this i need to create a new custom object with Values?

Please get back to me ASAP please

prafulgupta wrote:

That's exactly what I did except I added mutiiple rows per tag value.

RajaramRajaram

Teddy,

Here are the steps for you.

1. Create choices in flow and make sure your choices have the "Stored Value" set correctly. 

2. Create a screen choice field and add the choices to this field.

3. In your Record Create or Record Update element select the screen choice field as the value (the one you created in step 2)

WHen handling raw data, and not for the purposes for display, Flow always operated on the "value" of a choice not its label. So, when the user select a choice, the associated screen choice field (step 2) will get its "Value" set to the "Stored value" of the choice (in step 1) and that gets passed to the DB.

Hope this helps.

TeddyAbleTeddyAble

Hello Raja,

I m currently using the Desktop Designer Flow 

Those Step you specified different in the desktop?

RajaramRajaram

Those are for the cloud flow designer. Any reason you are still using the desktop designer?

TeddyAbleTeddyAble

Rajaram wrote:

Those are for the cloud flow designer. Any reason you are still using the desktop designer?

Because thats what im more familaire with as its alot easy and straight forward..

where can i find the Equivalent of "Stored Value" on the desktop designer?

RajaramRajaram

Its the choice value.

You should look at the cloud flow designer. It makes a lot of things a lot more easier and better for example, creating a record in sfdc is much simpler and there is no 2 step process of a data source  or data target etc.

TeddyAbleTeddyAble

Hello Raja

Im using the Cloud Designer now

i get an error message when testing the flow when i select the default fault it comes up with this error 

An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow.

? do you knw what i m doing wrong?

But when the item is not clicked no error message occurs

prafulguptaprafulgupta

I would enable debug logs on the user account to catch what went wrong. 

RajaramRajaram

You should have gotten an email with the error.

Optionally you can add another connector to any of the record elements to a screen element where you can put the $System.FaultMessage merge field and get to see the actual error.

Most likely, you are trying to create a record with null values on non-nullable columns or something like that.

TeddyAbleTeddyAble

Yes there was an Email

Can you please explain what this means?

Encountered unhandled fault when running process test/301e0000000CaUB exception by user/organization: 00De0000000CqGx/{4} Source organization: 00D30000001FGH1 (null)
interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION) Adviser Lookup is Required When " YES - Adviser Lookup " ---  for SFDC record with ID : null, 

caused by element : Data update.CreateCampaignYes

caused by: interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION) Adviser Lookup is Required When " YES - Adviser Lookup " ---  for SFDC record with ID : null, 

Salesforce Error ID: 539471913-7963 (-1384404534)

The issue is i cannot get the users to select any dropdown , and if they select a different dropdown apart from the one at the top it comes up with this error?

jwilliamrozellejwilliamrozelle

I recieved a similar error.  Any help on this one?

TeddyAbleTeddyAble

What's your error message mate?