function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EKnott.ax1331EKnott.ax1331 

Cloud Flow Dynamic Choice

I have watched the tutorial by Varadarajan Rajaram on the Cloud Flow Designer and read countless discussions and documents.  I am missing a step when setting up Dynamic Choice Selections.  When I "Create a Choice" I select the standard object Contact. (With in Contact I have 2 record types: General and Resource). The designer then pops up "that meets the following criteria". I see this as a filter and was hoping to select Contact Record Type EQUALS Resource. However I don't have that option so I select resource RecordTypeID EQUALS and my only option are "Screen OutPut Fields", "Global Constant", and "System", I do not know what to select here and the why behind selecting it.  In addition, if I select "Global Constant" the only option is, {!$GlobalConstant.EmptyString}.  That's the first problem.

Second Problem:

Under Additional Options, Assign the record fields to variables to reference them in your flow, when I select a resource there are never any options in the second field, no matter what resource I select or the combination of resources from above either.  Further, if I manually enter something like {!vResName} it just goes blank and wont let me save?

I would appreciate any guidance or reference to detailed tutorials or documentation on creating Dynamic Choice selections in Cloud Dynamic Flow.

Thank you!

RKDTRKDT

For the first problem the Record type ID has to be a GUID not a text. So in stead of general you have to make a constant with the GUID value of the record type. in the URL is would look something like "RecordType=012A00000012V". You want that 012A00000012V to be the stored value in your constant.

RKDTRKDT

For the second problem try creating a variable before you make the Dynamic Choice and see if it lets you pick that in the second field.