function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Itayb34Itayb34 

Update Checkbox field

Hi

I'm using the Desktop Flow Designer. I need to update a checkbox field to TRUE, how can i do that using the "Insert Data Update" functionality?

Thanks

Itay 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RajaramRajaram

In the desktop designer you can create a variable of type Boolean and set it to "true"/"false"

All Answers

markross__cmarkross__c

Use the Global Constant True as the value you are assigning to that field in the Data Update. More data on this can be found here:

https://na5.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/vpm_designer_resources_globalconstants.htm

Itayb34Itayb34

I'm using the Desktop flow designer (not the cloud one), so I don't think they have global constants there...

markross__cmarkross__c
Whoops, braindead moment on my part. You should still be able to create your own constant with the value TRUE (I would just call the constant 'True' as well, though this isn't necessary) and the type Boolean. Then when you are asked to apply a value, just apply that constant.
RajaramRajaram

In the desktop designer you can create a variable of type Boolean and set it to "true"/"false"

This was selected as the best answer
Itayb34Itayb34

actually this is what I did and it worked, thanks!

Itayb34Itayb34

as i mentioned, it did worked, but I encounter another problem with this...

This field should trigger a workflow (If checkbox is TRUE, then date field1 = today and date field 2 = today+90 days)

the workflow is not working..any chance why it is happening?