function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HaleStormHaleStorm 

Showing HTML code instead of Rich text

We are using an Apex Plugin to pull data from a rich text field on the VW Script Page (Field name "Script") to display within the visual workflow. It is rendering without the rich text, but is instead displaying the HTML code. How can I resolve this issue?  Also tried pulling without using the plugin, I used a record lookup using a variable and still got html returned instead of the rich text.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RKDTRKDT

I know rich text can be displayed in a display text field. I don't think a text field can read the Rich text. Can you not have it on a display text for your use case?

All Answers

RKDTRKDT

If you are putting that variable as the default for a display text it should work. Mine did. Are you putting your rich text on a text field or something?

HaleStormHaleStorm

pulling into a regular text field within the VWF.  The Rich Text is stored within a SF Object with a field type of Rich Text.  But when displayed in the VWF text field it shows as HTML.

RKDTRKDT

I know rich text can be displayed in a display text field. I don't think a text field can read the Rich text. Can you not have it on a display text for your use case?

This was selected as the best answer