function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trick.ax1374trick.ax1374 

Serious Flow Problem

Hi Friends,

I have flow created by some other consultant .I want to open this flow to make modifications .However,I do not see open link there.

1) If I create flow in my developer org,I get an option to open and make changes to it.Can somebody throw some light on this.What could be the reason that I cannot see open link in the company';s sandbox.

Is it something developed outside od salesforce and then using in salesforce .

2)When the user clicks on the finish button ,he see a list of checklist.When I check the page in which flow has been embedded,I do not see finishlocation attribute in the visualforce page.How does the user is redirected the page with a list of checklist

3)Is it possible to that URL could be hardcoded within the flows itself.For example finish button at the end of the flow has some URL associated to the button which redirects the user to the page

Can somebody please help,it is needed urgently?.

Thanks,

Trick

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RajaramRajaram

Contact support and they should be able to provide you with the .flow file of the desktop flows.

All Answers

RajaramRajaram

You may not be able to see the open link for a couple of reasons

1. The flow was created using the desktop designer and not the cloud flow designer

2. You are not the Flow Admin (profile perm not set)

For #2, do you want to do this or you have a VF page with the checklist and have that specified as the finishLocation? Not sure I understand this completely

For #3, you can set the finish redirect either as a URL parameter if you are running the flow from the url i.e. /flow/myFlow or in a VF page with the finishLocation attrobute. If you are setting it through the URL parameter route, this is pretty much set statically at the beginning of the flow.

If you are using a VF page, there is a  way to make the redirect dynamic. Look at my earlier post in this group on how to do it.

trick.ax1374trick.ax1374

Thanks Rajaram,

I have system admin profile, I have checked profile and I do have Manage Force.com Flow permission.I see Run flows persmission which is not checked and I have no way to check that.

It looks like it has been created using desktop designer flow.It is massive flow and lots of things are happening .I will have to make modifiicaation to it.How do I do that.Is there some file which needs to be downloaded.This flow has been been created by some company which worked prior to me.

RajaramRajaram

Contact support and they should be able to provide you with the .flow file of the desktop flows.

This was selected as the best answer