function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
imishraimishra 

attach pdf on workflow email

Hi,

Is it possible to auto attach a pdf (generated from visualforce) with the workflow email?

Thanks

Ipsita

RajaramRajaram

If you meant the classic workflow email alerts, they dont support attachments.

However, you can add attachments to an email through Visual Workflow, but it must be done through an Apex Plug-in. 

I am working on a plug-in pack which includes the ability to generate PDF, but that is going to be based on the content in a flow. But,  you can use it as a sample to attach the PDF.

You can install the package after the upgrade to the winter '13 release.

dlampdlamp

Rajaram...I'm very interested in learning more about your pdf plug-in.  Any chance the flow could string together photos pulled into the flow via an Apex extension while mixing in plain ol' text?

RajaramRajaram

You mean merge text onto a photo? Hmm not sure to be honest. Obviously this has to be in Apex and hence if you investigate the feasibility in Apex, you should be able to.

Robert WynterRobert Wynter
Has this been update. Is there a place I can get the plug in. Right now I've installed sdoc and created a sdoc template. I was hoping to some how attach the template to my flow email
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Robert Wynter,

Please reffer below blog to Send Email with Generated PDF as attachment from Trigger
http://www.jitendrazaa.com/blog/salesforce/apex/send-email-with-generated-pdf-as-attachment-from-trigger/

Please mark this as solution by selecting it as best answer if this solves your problem, So that if anyone has this issue this post can help

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary