function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Will@X-IOWill@X-IO 

VWF Variable Carriage Return

I am creating a VWF that I want to record the answers from the user after each step.  I have a variable called varLogText and I can do an Assignment step after each Screen, but I haven't found a way to insert a carriage return so that each time I add some text it would get formatted on a seperate line.  Ultimately, the varLogText variable becomes a Case Comment containing the log of what the user selected.

RajaramRajaram

Try using the text template instead. You really dont need to construct the string using assignment elements.

Your text template can something like

{!var1}

{!var2}

and when you access it (pass it to the screen or the database), the engine will get the values for var1 and var2 and construct the string for you.

Will@X-IO.comWill@X-IO.com

Thank you for your suggestion, that 'kinda' works.  The problem is that I wanted to output to be additive, logging the activity of the user.  In other words, it should record their answer to the question on screen 1, that branches to say 3 screens, which I want to add the response from whatever screen they go to, which results in another branch and so on.  Since I can't assign a text template to a variable (already tried), that means I would need a variable for each screen so that I could build a master text template at the end which would reference all the variables.  This makes it much harder to add more screens because I have to rewrite the entire logging set.

Additionally, after gathering a certain set of information, the master flow branches into a handful of subflows, which I want to include logging from, and return to the master flow, which ultimately adds the results of itself and the subflow as a Case comment.  I can't pass the text template between flows, so I need to be able do so via variables.