function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
afoxmicroedgeafoxmicroedge 

Record Create Error

I get this error message when trying to create a record from a flow when I am logged in as a portal user.

Sandbox

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Submit_Case_Wizard_2_0/301J00000008SJC exception by user/organization: 00DJ000000073Zw/{4} Source organization: 00DA0000000KIdt (null) UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE) Unable to create/update fields: VPM_Key__c, Version__c, Subject, Direct_Transfer__c, Origin, VPM_Hidden_Description__c, Priority, Asset__c, AccountId, Asset_Family__c, ContactId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set. ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : Data update.PORTAL_Case_in_Salesforce_GIFTS

caused by: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE) Unable to create/update fields: VPM_Key__c, Version__c, Subject, Direct_Transfer__c, Origin, VPM_Hidden_Description__c, Priority, Asset__c, AccountId, Asset_Family__c, ContactId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set. ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 2127222898-10938 (1095445565)

Here are the security settings for the logged in users profile...

Attempting to create a record for Case object so it looks like they have CRUD permissions.

All fields that are in the record create are marked as visible and read only.

What am I missing?

DarrellDDarrellD

What kind of Portal?  Customer Portal users only have access to the Account they are a Contact in. I see the Account field in your Flow error message so that sounds like the problem if the Portal user is trying to do anything related to an Account.

I also see references to Asset__c. Is this a lookup on the Asset object, which they cannot access. If so, that's also a problem.

Yes this is for a Customer Portal User. They would be creating a Case record for the Account they are a contact in.

Asset_c is a custom object my org uses is in place of the standard Asset object. It does not have a lookup relationship with the Asset object. 

DarrellDDarrellD

The problem is here: caused by element : Data update.PORTAL_Case_in_Salesforce_GIFTS

Its saying that you have at least 1 field that is null.  It seems to be null because you are intiially accessing it during the Flow and, if the user cannot access it, then it will be null at that point and for the update   See what fields in that list are related to the above.  What I do in most of my flows is I have a dummy screen with the variable names and I check that throughout the Flow to see what the variable values are along the way.  Then can usually pinpoint the issue.  After all is complete, I get rid of that dummy screen.

Thanks for the replies Darrell.

I figured out the problem. I had some of the fields marked as "visible" and "read only" when they needed to be marked as only "visible".

RajaramRajaram

Thanks Darrell you are officially my favorite person on the boards!

Silkcutz01Silkcutz01

I am having a similar problem. I want to embed a flow on a sites page (i.e. unauthenticed user) that retreives a case status once the user completes 3 x data/security questions. However, record look ups are not working under the Site guest profile. Is there restricutions on reading Case object from a site as an unauthenticated user?

I have been able to do this on custom objects.