function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GailGail 

best practices for fault message

I have created a flow that has many record updates and record creations. Should I create a fault message for each of these or can I create a single generic one and link all to that? And is it only for create and update operations that I should create the falut message screen? Your advice is greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RajaramRajaram

It largely depends on your size of your flow and the flow (no pun in tended) you want. Since the Fault Message is essentially an alternate of an error "path" in your flow, what you need the flow to do depends case by case basis. 

For example, if your flow is calling an external system and the fault happens when its down, you could let the user know that "We are experiencing technical difficulties, so please fill in this form and we can work on this later" and continue.

You could just catch the fault and essentially ignore it by connecting it to the next element - making the error not visible to the user.

I have had come customers have a subflow for handling faults, so that all faults are handeled in an uniform manner. 

Hope this helps..

All Answers

RajaramRajaram

It largely depends on your size of your flow and the flow (no pun in tended) you want. Since the Fault Message is essentially an alternate of an error "path" in your flow, what you need the flow to do depends case by case basis. 

For example, if your flow is calling an external system and the fault happens when its down, you could let the user know that "We are experiencing technical difficulties, so please fill in this form and we can work on this later" and continue.

You could just catch the fault and essentially ignore it by connecting it to the next element - making the error not visible to the user.

I have had come customers have a subflow for handling faults, so that all faults are handeled in an uniform manner. 

Hope this helps..

This was selected as the best answer
GailGail

Thanks Raj - good advice :)