function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jgradw2jgradw2 

Adding a contacts link to a sites page

Hello. I am aware that links on a visualforce page in a site are not displayed by default, after finding the answer on here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sites_FAQ

Q: The Visualforce page I've created for Sites doesn't seem to work correctly with Person Accounts. Internally links are active for that Visualforce page, but as Sites no links are active. This doesn't occur for any other native or custom object.

A: Links to Accounts and Contacts are not generated if your site is linked with a portal. You can generate them yourself by hand, but apex:outputLink will not. If you don't like this behavior, please suggest it as an idea on the Idea Exchange.

But I would like to know if there is a way around this or if there is a way to override this, as we do need links to contacts, accounts, etc. to be displayed on our site. Would creating a custom link work? Thank you!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

Yes you should be about to create a custom link or use Apex to query the account/contact manually.

All Answers

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

Yes you should be about to create a custom link or use Apex to query the account/contact manually.

This was selected as the best answer
jgradw2jgradw2
Ok I will try that, thank you.