function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott0987Scott0987 

Force.com site showing visualforce page in url

I have a visualforce page that I have setup as a site using salesforce's built in method of doing that.  The site ends in /ci?************** where the * are replaced by a random string.  I have a button that changes a boolean from true to false.  It should then refresh the page so that a portion of the page controlled by the boolean shows or not.  What happens throw is when the command button is pressed the url changes to /ci/caseinfo   where caseinfo is the name of the visualforce page.  Any idea why the url would be changing like that?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ForcepowerForcepower
Scott, Do you have this caseinfo page set up as your home page for the site? Once into the site, it's normal for Salesforce to display the VF page name on page transitions. You can actually have multiple pages on your site and as you move from page to page, SF will tack on the page name to the base URL of your site. Hope that helps.
Ram

All Answers

ForcepowerForcepower
Scott, Do you have this caseinfo page set up as your home page for the site? Once into the site, it's normal for Salesforce to display the VF page name on page transitions. You can actually have multiple pages on your site and as you move from page to page, SF will tack on the page name to the base URL of your site. Hope that helps.
Ram
This was selected as the best answer
Scott0987Scott0987

Thanks.  I understand a little better now how sites work.