function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lescclarkcpdlescclarkcpd 

Sites - slow response time

Hi

we are running a site and have created some cart functionality, a 'public guest user' can add items to their cart, creates a custom object and updates the number of items in the cart.  this all works fine in our sandbox but once in production we are experienceing problems with response times when, having created a new cart item,  we query how many items are in the cart - it can be in minutes.  There are no issues with permissions, shares etc.  if you log in as a High Vol Cust Portal User the problem goes away.  I'm looking for some advice / tools to be able to monitor how well this performs & to identify what is wrong with the code - having had a look at pother posts i'm sure it may have something to do with referencing static resources ??

thanks in advance

les

lescclarkcpdlescclarkcpd

I seem to have solved this by setting the cache on the page to true & response to 3 secs.  Not sure if this is a sensible /correct approach though & if I will quickly hit governor limits - any ideas ?

michael_mcmahonmichael_mcmahon

I'm no expert, but there is a way to see each individual step of the process and how much time each adds to the overall response time.   I'm researching setting up either a native cart or integration and came across your question, and I think delays that are many seconds in length would be problem.  I'm just learning myself, but this may be a start (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_debugging_debug_log.htm ) towards learning how to use the Developer Console to troubleshoot your issue.