function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EOppegaardEOppegaard 

Password Protect Site.com

Is there an easy way to place part of a Site.com site behind a password?  We have a set of pages that we would like for only those with a password to be able to access.  It would be a single password, without need for specific user credentialing.

KalyanLKalyanL

There are multiple ways of doing this.    By using custom force.com authentication with communities/portals or by redirecting to another site where you can perform authentication.

But I'm just curious as to you have to ask password and no user name... Sounds a bit off here..

EOppegaardEOppegaard

While I realize this can be done outside of Site.com, and with custom visualforce development, we were looking for an "easier" solution.

Really, we have a section of the site that we only want attendees of a class to be able to log into.  With other CMS you can simply put a password over a section of the site.  Numerous plugins exist.

I was hoping that Site.com would have similar functionality, rather than have to go the custom code/development route.

Frankly, I wish that Site.com did some of the basic CMS functionality found on other systems.  Here is to hoping that there will be more development in the appexchange community for it.