function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SScholtzSScholtz 

Force.com limits vs. Salesforce.com limits

Hi there,

I seem to be having troubling finding some details around limits in Force.com

Yes, there's the gov limits PDF and I found this feature comparison chart for "light" and "enterprise", but neither list things like the limit to the # of cusom fields you can have on your objects. "Enterprise" for Salesforce.com has a limit of 500 (see the gov limits pdf), is Force.com similar?  Is there a limit to the total # of custom objects?  SF.com enterprise is 200, but Force.com is only 10 objects per app?  There's documentation on limits for the # of mass emails you can send in SF.com (1000/day to external addresses), but I haven't seen anything specific to Force.com.

I've mostly worked with the SF.com side of things and not with Force.com as a custom app platform, and I'm finding documentation on some specifics and differences between the two product offerings a little thin and/or confusing.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Shagz,

Did some research and found out that the Force.com Light App subscription is a kind of  license type which can be subsribed on an EE and above..

The custom field limitations would be the same as the edition that the license type is used in.

The field limits can be checked in:

https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf

Page:14

Hope this information is helpful!

All Answers

SScholtzSScholtz

Ah, I see some of the confusion.  With Spring 2013, SF rebranded and repackaged it's Force.com licenses into two new products, "Light" and "Enterprise".  (One of the old packages was also called Enterprise, but the new one is very different and more limited)  While searching around, I've ended up on pages that were still talking about the old packages while existing documentation refers to the new packages...

Details: http://www.shellblack.com/salesforce/plan/editions-licenses/

Still don't have things like # of custom fields allowed on Force.com custom objects....

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hello Shagz,

Found this comparison sheet : Force.com Light Vs Enterprise - this talks about custom object and tab limits:

http://www2.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_Forcedotcom_EdCompare.pdf

Hope this helps clear bit of your confusion..

SScholtzSScholtz

Thanks Sonam, but unfortunately that's the same PDF I linked to in my original post. :/

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Shagz,

Did some research and found out that the Force.com Light App subscription is a kind of  license type which can be subsribed on an EE and above..

The custom field limitations would be the same as the edition that the license type is used in.

The field limits can be checked in:

https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf

Page:14

Hope this information is helpful!

This was selected as the best answer
SScholtzSScholtz

Sonam_SFDC wrote:

Hi Shagz,

Got it, so basically any Force.com app has at least the limits from EE (Enterprise Edition), that at least gives me some guidance.  Where did you find this out?

Thanks!

Thierry.laffinThierry.laffin

Hello,

Let's take a very simple example :

One of my client has the Unlimited edition (=> max fields in an UE object =800)

The Force.Com is alledgledy based on Enterprise (=> max fields in an EE object =500)

Will the client new custom objects developped for Force users have 800 or 500 max fields ?

Thanks for your answer

Theirry

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Thierry,

Force.com is a license type so which ever Edition you use to use to license - that Edition custom field limit will apply.

I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say the Force.com allegedly based on Enterprise - please elaborate.

Thanks,

? the limit will apply?

So a force licence type in Ulimited Org will have UE limit (ie 800 fields /
object) ?

Best regards,

Thierry

Bien cordialement,

Thierry Laffin

Mob. + 33 (0)6 03 83 94 96

logo SKAMA HD r?duit consulting salesforce
WICH LIMIT !!! ?

500 or 800 ?

Bien cordialement,

Thierry Laffin

Mob. + 33 (0)6 03 83 94 96

logo SKAMA HD r?duit consulting salesforce
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

800 limit should apply as UE is the platform :)