function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarceldeBMarceldeB 

restrict access to user profiles

Hi,

I wondered whether there is a possibility to restrict the access to user data. I would like to be able to restrict users from viewing other users names or data like email, phonenumber etc.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

I am also not sure, but here is my $0.02

Revoke view setup and configuration permission in the profile. Also, set up you org wide defaults to Private for the objects that you are using in the app accessed by the above profile users.

Thanks.

BrendanOCBrendanOC

This is possible, but requires Salesforce.com Support to manually provision this setting.  Enabling this setting also has potential usability consequences as well.  Please contact Salesforce.com Support for details.

MarceldeBMarceldeB

Hi Brendan,

I tried salesforce support and finally level3 support came with the reaction below. Can you tell me what solution or workaround you expected them to come up with when you say 'this is possible'? I am getting desperate now...

My question:

What I need is to control the accessability of user data. In the standard authorization settings you can define users, roles and profiles. With the Sharing settings you could control the accessibility of objects by users in respect to the defined roles.
The only object which is not available in the sharing settings is the User object itself. What I need is to be able to restrict users to see other users. So a user which is in another role or which has not been 'shared', would not be visible in a list of users.

The Answer (after some telephone and mail contacts):

I have examined this issue and sought advice from my Tier 3 colleagues, unfortunatley it is expected behaviour for users to be able to access all other user's details. There is no way to change this behaviour.

I can only suggest that you vote for the following idea on the salesforce.com Idea Exchange.
https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC&id=08730000000BrjVAAS