function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rfisher000rfisher000 

Endpoint concerns w/ Firewall configured by IP

We are moving API web services into SFDC to a more appropriate location on our network.  In the process, we are having to open up the firewall for the endpoint for these services.  Our network admins are configuring this based on IP (and not by URL).  I have seen a number of regex answers for doing this against the URL but none by IP.  My concern is the range of possible endpoints that SFDC will send back in the LoginResult.  I would hate to add these IPs to the pile as they are encountered.

(Currently the firewall is not an issue, which is why it is not an appropriate location.)

I have not been able to find anything for this issue in the vast SFDC docs.  Surely we are not the only one to encounter this.  Any ideas?

(asking the network admins to do it different is not an acceptable option)

rfisher000rfisher000

Found my own answer: Knowledge Article Number: 102757

I have been using developerforce off and on for some time, and did not realize there was an additional set of resources inside SalesForce.  (i.e. The money is in the barrel)

VJ@ForceVJ@Force

Hi,

Can you please let me know where can we find this knowledge article as we are trying to integrate SFDC with Sibel System within Firewall. This article will help. Thanks.

rfisher000rfisher000

(The money is in the barrel.)

Log into SFDC, click Help & Training (upper right), search on either the Knowledge base article number or the word 'whitelist'.