function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd 

"Force.com - One App" and "Chatter Only" license enforcement for 10 object limit

Anyone have any idea what the actual limit is (and will be) for "Force.com - One App" and "Chatter Only" licenses?  As far as I can tell it is NEITHER read access NOR read/write access to 10 custom objects per "Profile".  I can select as many as I want.  So I'm unsure if it is broken, I don't understand it, or somehow it is enforced thru use or something?  It is really hard to justify recommending buying platform licenses to use 11 objects when it is neither clear nor apparently enforced what the actual limit is.

According to the documentation(SF Help):

"Force.com - Free" in Administration Setup/Company Profile/Company Information"; Force.com - One App in Help file - "They are limited to the use of one custom app, which is defined as up to 10 custom objects, and they are limited to read-only access to the Accounts and Contacts objects

"Chatter Only" in both places - "Modify up to ten custom objects" and "View Salesforce accounts and contacts"

TerryLuschenTerryLuschen

Here is one answer.

Login into Salesforce

Click on 'Help for this Page'

Search for 'Force.com One App'

Read the article with this subject:  How are the custom object limits for the 'Force.com - One App' user license enforced?

A complete list of user license types, and a description of each, can be found below:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_understanding_license_types.htm&language=en

Customer who have purchased 'Force.com - One App' user licenses, and have reviewed the help page above, have noticed the text below in red that points to some specific limits for custom objects:

"Designed for users who need access to one custom app but not to standard CRM functionality. Force.com - One App users are entitled to the same rights as Salesforce Platform users, plus they have access to an unlimited number of custom tabs. However, they are limited to the use of one custom app, which is defined as up to 10 custom objects, and they are limited to read-only access to the Accounts and Contacts objects."

Customers that are using this license type, have noticed that they are able to make more 10 custom objects, and more than 10 custom tabs, visible to profiles that are associated to this specific license type, and have asked how/why this is possible if the limit above is noted in the help documentation.

Force.com - One App users are designed to access a single application defined as one custom app. The custom app must consist of no more than 10 custom objects, not including read-only access to the Accounts and Contacts objects. The limitation of 10 custom objects is contractual in nature; it is enforced through an org audit and not a technical limit. If found, violators of the Force.com - One App license must pay for a full Force.com license.