function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vipin  PulinholyVipin Pulinholy 

Calendar Sharing check through SControl

I have requirement like this.

Build a custom page to search   Events in the salesofrce. Based on search criteria like Date or subject etc and a result page.

If user A shared is Calendar with user B then when user B logins and serch for the events I need to show all the events that user B have the access. ie I need to show the calendar events for user A and user B.

I am not sure how do I check through the code to see if the Calendar is shared to user B or Not. Could any one tell me how can I do this check through an scontrol? Is it possible to do this kind of checking?

Thanks

Message Edited by das on 05-23-2008 02:22 PM
Catco CRMCatco CRM
Hi,

Just a suggestion.... When you create an event invite the users you wish to view that particular notice. You do not neccesarily need s control for your request.

Cheers
WhyserWhyser
How are you setting Calandar sharing permissions in Salesforce right now, outside of s-controls? I didn't know there was such a feature. Unless you are talking about Outlook, in which case, the data structure of Salesforce doesn't contain any data about calandar sharing.
Catco CRMCatco CRM
Howdy,

In our company we setup a user group which allows any user to be able to view another user's calendar by switching views. However its time consuming instead when an event is created you invite other users therefore all that event will also appear on their calendar. Does this make sense? We did not set up any s controls for this feauture.
WhyserWhyser
Does this Calandar Sharing have anything to do with Salesforce? Or is this all to do with Outlook?
Vipin  PulinholyVipin Pulinholy

Thanks to all for your inputs.

I am sorry if I have not described the question properly. Here is little bit more…

1. I am speaking about the salesforce calendar sharing functionality (Setup->Personal Setup -> Calendar Sharing)
  2. I am not building the scntrol only for viewing the events. The scontrl has other functionalities too. One of the functionality is ‘Search Events’. A custom page result which will query the details from the ‘Event’ table of salesforce. (inviting other users won’t suite our requirement)

Here is how my search page looks:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcsvbz5r_15gzbmqfc4

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts.

Message Edited by das on 06-12-2008 10:12 AM

Message Edited by das on 06-12-2008 10:13 AM
Catco CRMCatco CRM

Good Morning Everyone,

I apologize for being somewhat vague in my answers. S control is not required to achieve your goals. In SF you can set up the search bar to look for objects, which does include events etc. Everything I have mention takes place within SF. Not in outlook or even using s controls.  I hope this helps :)