function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sushmaiyer2@gmail.comsushmaiyer2@gmail.com 

Steps for Migrating from Siebel to SFDC

Hi All,

Can someone please help me with detailed steps for Migrating from Siebel to SFDC...

As i have never worked on Siebel I don't have any idea about that CRM but since have a requirement for migration would like to know it in detail.Also if you can provide any helpful pdfs,doc or links will be of Great Help...

Please kindly Help and Guide...

RocketRocket

Hi ,

I have noe owrked on siebel either.However,First you have to extract seibel data and befoer you migrate make sure you have create external id's for each object in salesforce.There is also steps available on developer resources which will tell you about the best practices for migrating

amochkinamochkin

Hi,

just a small advice - I would never try to plan migration by yourself if you never worked with the system before.

Think of the following:

1. SF has a lot of contraints, just as Siebel does. You can only predict what will happen if you start migrating from Siebel to Salesforce if you would have experience in both systems. But more important - having experience in migrating from/to both of these systems.

2. Data transformations would be definetely requeired. You wont be able to plain copy/paste the data. (Bulk API, custom tools)

3. Process defeinitions will need to be transformed and somehow translated into SF constraints. (API, custom tools)

Anyway, please first check this: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/daas/salesforce_migration_guide.pdf