function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DarrellDDarrellD 

Flow in Managed Packages

(I also logged in the Packaging Board)

"Flows cannot be included in package patches" - ISV Manual

Since we cannot add or remove items from packages, doesn't this mean that if you have a Flow in a managed package you can NEVER create a patch for that application? That's the takeaway I'm finding so far which is very unfortunate.

Emilio BEmilio B

I would like to also add a related issue which I think will limit the up-take of Flow Designer by ISV's and SI's.

If you add a Flow to a managed package Beta and you wish to update that Beta in the Org, you cannot for 12 hours (which is a life time for companies running Sprints using Agile :-)

REASON: To update a managed package Beta, you must delete the old one and load a new one.  To delete a managed package you must deactivate a Flow. Once a Flow is deactivated, you must wait 12 hours to delete it (and therefore, because the Flow is in the managed package, you cannot delete the entire package).

I do not understand this 12 hour rule at all. Is there some sort of 3rd party SFDC uses to host Flows?  I can't see it being a valid technical limitiation because in DE and DE Test Orgs who cares if a flow is "interrupted"?   The developer is trying to upgrade the pakcage anyways so the DE Org data is being 'unloaded' and put in a ZIP file upon package deletion anyways.

Emilio

DarrellDDarrellD
Please also mention this on Idea Exchange if not already there. We are an ISV using Flows and this is a KILLER. I'm on day 3 now trying to uninstall a package, all because of having to wait the 12 hrs to deactivate my Flows, then finding another Flow that had a related subflow...deactivate...wait...