function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kmurphy.ax1526kmurphy.ax1526 

field that appears if another field has a specific value

I have a picklist field and if the picklist value selected by the user equals "ABC" then I want another picklist field to appear that then needs to be answered by user.

Can someone walk me through how to set this up? I believe I start with a workflow rule.

Thanks

DarrellDDarrellD

Are you using a Flow for this or are you talking about just within SF? It sound like you might not be using a Flow.  (Workflow and Visual Workflow "Flow" are 2 different things.)

If not using a Flow, and assuming the 2 picklists are on the same object, you can't really "make it appear" without using VisualForce. But you can make it so a person cannot make a selection from it, or you can filter their selections, using field dependencies.

I'd say to go to Help and search for "Field Dependencies". It can walk you through how to set this up.

Darrell

RajaramRajaram
As Darrell mentioned, you can do this in flow by having multiple screens but the user has to click on next.
If you use the basic page layout feature, you can create what is called dependent picklists where you can control the values of the dependent fields. However you cannot make a field appear or disappear.
You may be able to use VF page to achieve this, but would mean coding.