function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kyri TKyri T 

Flow Designer - Decision issue

I have a screen, with a pick list with three choices. Choice 1 – takes you to screen a Choice 2 – takes you to screen b Choice 3 – takes you to screen c In the decision I assign the resource to a pick list and the set the value to the choice from the pick list selected. I then link the outcomes to the correct screens. When I run the flow any choice I make from the pick list always takes me to screen a. Any ideas on how I can resolve this?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jeff MayJeff May

Following on DarrellD's comments, make sure you have a stored value for your picklist choices.  Otherwise, even though you see a selection on the screen, there is no stored value so the first decision path is used.

All Answers

DarrellDDarrellD

Are you using dynamic choices for this at all? The first thing that came to mind is the below from the docs.

"A dynamic choice resource can be configured to assign field values from one user-selected record to variables in the flow.
When the dynamic choice is used in a multi-select choice field, flow variables store the field values of only the last selected
record in the dynamically generated set of choices. If the dynamic choice is used in multiple multi-select choice fields on
the same screen, the flow variable assignments are determined by the first multi-select choice field on the screen."

Kyri TKyri T
Thank you for your reply I did not use the dynamic choice option. I used the option choice to create my own.
DarrellDDarrellD

Then only thing I could say is to check the values that you are storing for the answers to each of the picklist values and make sure that you decision is referencing those. Are you storing the picklist choices in a variable or are you just using the screen choice elements for your decision? Something has to be wrong in there. If using Screen Choice elements, check the stored values on each of those.

Jeff MayJeff May

Following on DarrellD's comments, make sure you have a stored value for your picklist choices.  Otherwise, even though you see a selection on the screen, there is no stored value so the first decision path is used.

This was selected as the best answer
Kyri TKyri T
Thanks for your assistance
Kyri TKyri T
thanks for your assistance