function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion 

Dynamic Choice Sort Error

I have created a Dynamic Choice in my VWF that queries Users that match a RoleId (looked up previously).  This works and I can see the users in the dropdown list.  The problem is that whenever I try to adjust the settings of the dynamic choice to sort the Users (doesn't matter which field I try to sort by) I receive an error:


Error: Correct the invalid field entries.


No fields are highlighted in red (which is normal behavior when you get this error).  The only thing that allows me to save at this point is to deselect the checkbox  for "Sort results by:".


Is this a bug or if not why can't I sort these records?

Hmm can you post some screen shots so that i can understand the issue better?

While attempting to get screenshots for you, I have been unable to reproduce the problem.  All 3 dynamic choices I was unable to sort before now allow sorting as expected.

Looks like it needed a bit my magic touch! cheers!

I've experienced this before on more than one occasion. For some reason it just will not let you specify sorting options so the only option, as you pointed out, is to save without specifying sorting options. Then at some point in the future when you return to edit the choice it allows you to specify sort options and save. Just as you've described. It is definitely a bug, but not easy to consistently replicate though.

Stéphane CLARETStéphane CLARET
I'm experiencing it very often. The wrokaround I found is to close the flow and reopen it and retry. It works most of the time. Otherwise, just way and retry. I know, sounds crasy…
Matthew SoutherMatthew Souther
Happens all the time.  I've got the screenshots to prove it.  Here's the error message:

Visual Workflow Lookup Error

And this is what it looks like immediately after deselecting the "Sort results by:" checkbox:

VF lookup after "Sort results by:" deselected

I'll take the general advice and close-reopen the flow.  Just wanted to get this in there as proof positive that the bug exists, so maybe someone at Salesforce will take notice.
sankalita chatterjeesankalita chatterjee
There is definitely a bug. I am trying to create a flow following the steps as mentioned in Workbook. All was fine till I reached the Dynamic Choice step. And now it is impossible to save it as it complains that some input field is incorrect, though there aren't any fields highlighted on screen. It is their workbook, aimed at first timers, though nobody noticed the bug! I sincerely hope someone from Salesforce looks into it.