function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul BateyPaul Batey 

Visual Workflow Roadmap

I am really starting to get to grips with Flow and am finding it to be an amazing tool! It's brilliant for non technical people like myself to take control of their workflow. 

I am sure there are lots of new features in the pipeline and I am wondering if there is a roadmap that people can look at to see when certain functionality is likely to be released or how it is prioritised?

At the moment I am particularly interested in screen layout options (2 column etc). I have read that there are HTML or CSS tricks that can be done but I don't have the expertise to do this.

Many thanks,

Paul.

DarrellDDarrellD

Are you a SalesForce partner or Premier support customer? The closest you are going to get to them discussing future plans "Safe Harbor" is by attending one of the webinars they make available to companies in one of these groups. In these they sometimes discuss the roadmap for some of the products. (We are both of the above so I've attended many of those.)

The attendees are not allowed to discuss what was in the webinar nor are they recorded or made available on the web. Of course at the annual conference, DreamForce, they also discuss the roadmap items. Outside of that, the occasional comments by Rajaram may help you a little since he is the lead person on Flow. You can find his user name on this board and click on it to see his comments about different items.

Darrell

Paul BateyPaul Batey

Thanks Darrel,

Unfortunately I'm just a business owner.

I have seen some info on updates for Spring and winter release but can't find any info on flow enhancements. Is there somethere where these enhancements are posted?

DarrellDDarrellD

You will only see them posted as part of the release notes. The Summer '13 release notes are out, first draft, but I don't remember seeing anything about Visual Workflow there...though they aren't finished. You can search the success.salesforce.com site to find them.

But I see you mentioned you didn't see anything on Flow enhancements for Winter and Spring releases. You aren't looking at the full release notes then because there were definitely sections in each of those that had Flow enhancements. The release notes are a 200+ pg document.

There is not going to be a place for just Visual Workflow in particular.

Paul BateyPaul Batey

Thanks Darrell,

I'll take another look at the rlease notes. I only looked at the spring 2013, and not in much detail I must admit!