function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bradlobradlo 

Visual Flow Limitations

I hav a number field on a Visual Flow which is for phone number input. 

However I cant get the "create record" process to use this populate the account standard field "Phone" because it is a different data type. 

Any ideas how i can get this populate the phone field, as i cant create a flow element that is of phone type?

DarrellDDarrellD

Well, it's not a perfect workaround but one we've essentially done for a while for pretty similar use case. In your case you populate a text field with the phone number value from the Flow and then use a Workflow field update to populate the phone field on the object.

One of the issues is that the phone field isn't "clickable" using this method until the record is edited again. So our phone fields populate as 1235551212. It's not until the record is edited again that it then becomes (123) 555-1212. If I recall, even throwing in the formatting (Concatenate "(" & AreaCode & ")"...) didn't work right last we tried...which was probably 2-3 releases ago.

RajaramRajaram
You should be able to use the text field to enter the phone number and pass it in to store against a phone field. What issues are you seeing?
bradlobradlo
Thank you very much. The issue was that I would get through testing the flow (ie run it) and then it would say that there was an error - incompatible fields or words to that effect). I have indeed changed the phone field to a text string and it is now working.

I appreciate your response.
Brad

Please only print this email if it is absolutely necessary
85 Gardiners Road
Rutherford, NSW, 2320
AUSTRALIA.
brad.ohagan@jurox.com.au:mailto:brad.ohagan>
www.jurox.com.au
Direct +61 2 4931 8213
Fax +61 2 4931 8222
Mobile +61 408 280 825

RajaramRajaram
Yeah Understood. These are something we can work on improving the usability longer term.
It would be helpful if you can submit your requirement and how you think you would want the feature by clicking on the "let us know what you think" link in the designer.