function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LloydSilverLloydSilver 

Creating Multiple Records Using Dynamic Field

Here's what I'm trying to do:

During the flow, the user gets to a screen which uses a multi-select checkbox field and a dynamic choice that returns those account records meeting a specific criteria.

The user can select multiple accounts.

The flow then creates new records, one for each account selected,  in a custom object which has a lookup field to accounts.

How can I do this?

I've been trying to figure out a loop but so far haven't been successful.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DarrellDDarrellD

You have to use the Apex Plug In created by the Flow lead. This is only way to do this for now until they are able to add this functionality natively. We have this in our org and it works great.

**I had a period at end of link. Edited out to remove 404 error.

https://github.com/raja-sfdc/FlowProcessMultiSelectChoices

Darrell

Pls Mark as Solution if This Resolves Question

All Answers

DarrellDDarrellD

You have to use the Apex Plug In created by the Flow lead. This is only way to do this for now until they are able to add this functionality natively. We have this in our org and it works great.

**I had a period at end of link. Edited out to remove 404 error.

https://github.com/raja-sfdc/FlowProcessMultiSelectChoices

Darrell

Pls Mark as Solution if This Resolves Question

This was selected as the best answer
LloydSilverLloydSilver

This worked perfectly. Thanks so much. To you and Raj.

Will.DWill.D

The link you posted is 404.  Does anyone else have a copy of it?

EDIT**  remove the " . " on the landing page.  some how the period got added to the URL.

John BraunJohn Braun
Hello all,

I was curious if the link referenced in this thread is still relevant now that we can have loops and collection variables with visual workflow. I'm trying to accomplish the below with native visual workflow, is it possible? Any help is much appreciated!!:

Based on multi-select checkbox selections, we'd like to send static emails to a group of people based on each selection.

For example, the user will be presented with a screen with a multi-select checkbox field labeled, "Teams to Email". The selections could be "Team A", "Team B", and "Team C".

Based on what teams the user checks will determine what teams receive the email alert. So if only "Team A" and "Team C" get selected, only those two groups will be emailed.