function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manu206Manu206 

Dynamic workflow

Hi all,

I want to setup a global scenario in force.com which has to be very dynamic.

Question 1:

I have different locations like Europe and USA which use the same base salesforce package. Now I have customized some custom objects. For example in Europe I added a number in addition to an object. Now I want to create a flow which fits all locations. Therefore I want to create a screen which shows all fields from one custom objects to the user and after that he should be able to type in all the necessary fields and to save it. I'm kind of new to the flow topic but my first impression is that everything is very static. I can add a form with defined fields but how to provide a dynamic form with all fields from a custom object?

Question 2:

Is there a way to extend a flow with an additional package like it is already doable with custom objects? I want to release a basic flow in a package and install it on different locations. After that I want to add another step in the workflow but still having the complete flow updateable.

Regards,

Manu

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Manu,

Following are the limitations of Visual flows:

• Flows can’t be included in package patches.
  • If you plan to deploy a flow using packages, you must account for limitations in migration support. Make sure your flows reference only packageable components and fields.
  • If you install a package containing multiple flow versions in a fresh destination organization, only the latest flow version included in the package is deployed.
  • You can’t delete a flow from an installed package. To remove a packaged flow from your organization, you must first deactivate it, wait 12 hours, then uninstall the package.
  • If you have multiple versions of a flow installed from multiple unmanaged packages, you can’t remove only one version by uninstalling its package. Uninstalling a package—managed or unmanaged—that contains a single version of the flow removes the entire flow, including all versions.
  • If you install a flow from an unmanaged package that has the same name but a different version number as a flow already in your organization, the newly-installed flow becomes the latest version of the existing flow. However, if the packaged flow has the same name and version number as a flow already in your organization, the package install will fail. You can’t overwrite a flow.
  • You can only package active flows. The active version of the flow is determined when you click to upload a package version. The upload fails if there aren’t any active versions of the flow.
  • In a development organization, you can’t delete a flow or flow version once you’ve uploaded it to a released or beta managed package.
  • You can’t delete flow components from Managed - Beta package installations in development organizations.