function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ksqd1112ksqd1112 

Dropdown list default value issue

I'm using flow to build a series of wizards for a equipment rental application. 

One of the screen choice fields I use is for Check-Out fuel level.  I'm using a dropdown list.  The requirement is for the user to enter a value.  The problem I'm encountering is that though I don't choose a default value the screen choice field populates with the first value in the list of choices assigned to the screen.  So for example the equipment is 1/2 full of fuel.  The screen choice field field defaults to full.  The concern is that the user will blow by the entry and check out all the equipment as full which would be costly error.  My only other choice is to use radio buttons which at 1/8 tank plus "Empty" would require 9 buttons, not my first choice as a user interface.  Am I missing something here?  Any ideas?

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Ksqd, 

There will be a check ox on the Picklist Field Value that is currently being selecetd as default - you have to uncheck that.

Go to Setup | Object | Fields | Field Name | Picklist Values | Click Edit on the Value that is being defaulted | Check the box " 
Default Make this value the default for the master picklist "  | Save. 

In the Picklist Edit page, you can change the name of the value and make the value the default for the master picklist. You can also assign a color for use in charts by clicking the button for the chart color picker button. To assign a color dynamically when a chart is generated, click Assign color dynamically.

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?err=1&id=updating_picklists.htm&siteLang=en_US

Regards,
Ashish