function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GangulyGanguly 

"Error: Custom field index limit exceeded" despite of having only 2 external id fields.

Hi All,

We know that the External id limit for an object is 3. I have an Object where currently i have 2 external ids. While i am trying to create the third external id, it gives me error "Custom field index limit exceeded".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaushik

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

There may be other custom indexes on the object that could cause this error. I would recommend you contact Technical Support. They can look at the configuration and see if there are other custom indexes on the object(s) affected. Custom indexes can be created by a customer when there is a large set of data that would benefit from a custom index, and are usually requested by the customer or suggested by Technical Support when it has been determined that such an index would improve performance, particularly for reporting. Also, bear in mind that deleted fields may still have a custom index associated with them, so be sure you visit the Deleted Fields area to double-check. Indexes for deleted fields are supposed to be deleted when the field is, but you may need to permanently erase the custom field for this to happen.