function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RockersRockers 

Problem while renaming the standard field lable in the object?

Hi Friends,

We have one object called "Address" which is used to store the address details. In this, object we have one standard field which is used to store the record name. Before that, we have two custom fields called "Address Line 1" and

"Address Line 2" .

Now, we want to delete the "Address Line 1" field and want to use the standard field (Address ID) for Address Line 1.

While changing the field datatype from Auto-Number to Text and change the label name from Address Id to Address Line 1.

In sandbox, these changes happened successfully. But, in production, label name is not able to renamed from Address Id to Address Line 1. Even, i changed the label name from Address Id to Address Line 1. But, it is showing as "Address Id". When, i click on edit the label, there the value is like "Address Line 1". But, on layout, it is appearing as "Address ID".

Friends, pls suggest me how to solve this....

Regards,

Phanikumar

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can try below steps:

click on your name-->setup-->Customize-->Tab Names and Labels-->Rename Tabs and Labels-->select your object and click on edit button then Rename you standard field Lable.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Hi,

Please delete that fields which you don’t want to show on your layout from recycle bin also and then try to make changes as you want. Now deploy the same on production.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

RockersRockers

Hi Jain,

Thanks for reply.

I deleted the field which is unnecessary in both sandbox and production from recycle bin also. Even though, the label is not changed to 'Address Line 1' in production. But, while editing the field(Standard field and API name "name"), that value is showing as 'Address Line 1'. But in layout, it is appearing as 'Address Id'.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi,

You can try below steps:

click on your name-->setup-->Customize-->Tab Names and Labels-->Rename Tabs and Labels-->select your object and click on edit button then Rename you standard field Lable.

This was selected as the best answer
RockersRockers

Hi Jain,

It works. Thank you very much for your support. For this, we taught that to create another object.

You helped me a lot.

My heartly thanks to you.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

Hi,

click on your name-->setup-->Customize-->Tab Names and Labels-->Rename Tabs and Labels

doing this give me list of tab name only i cant see nor click any object to edit label name of some fields.. Why? Thanks