function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Louisa414Louisa414 

I cant log in to my lexiloader -tried all suggested solutions already posted i think.

Hi There, 

I downlaoded the lexiloader to my macbook air at home but now that I  have come to work I cannot log in.  I am getting a similar error message to previous posters with the issue  "request to https://www.salesforce.com /services/soap/u/23.0 timed out. Time taken 60723.\

I have used my security token, ensured that the address in the settings is http://www.salesforce.com but it still wont work.  is it anything to do with the fact i downlaoded it from home? I wouldnt have thought so but it seems to wirk fine from there still...

Please help! 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jhurstjhurst

The fact that you can log in from your home network but not from work, seems to indicate that there is something on the work network that is blocking the alls from going out from your machine.

It is possible that your work requires you to use a proxy server in order to connect to the internet.  If this is the case, then you would have to configure the Data Laoder to use your proxy.  If you go into the Setting menu, you should see a few places for proxy information:

Proxy Host

Proxy Port

Proxy Username

Proxy Password

Proxy NTLM Domain

Your IT Team should be able to confirm what seetings you need (if you are indeed using a proxy).

Hope this helps.

Jay

All Answers

jhurstjhurst

The fact that you can log in from your home network but not from work, seems to indicate that there is something on the work network that is blocking the alls from going out from your machine.

It is possible that your work requires you to use a proxy server in order to connect to the internet.  If this is the case, then you would have to configure the Data Laoder to use your proxy.  If you go into the Setting menu, you should see a few places for proxy information:

Proxy Host

Proxy Port

Proxy Username

Proxy Password

Proxy NTLM Domain

Your IT Team should be able to confirm what seetings you need (if you are indeed using a proxy).

Hope this helps.

Jay

This was selected as the best answer
Louisa414Louisa414

Dear Both, 

Thanks for your replies, I apologise for the delayed reposnse from me but was in an RTA so have only just returned to working/walking.  this is a great help so thank you, I'll have a look in to both and get back .

thanks again 

Lou 

Louisa414Louisa414

oh its just one answer here.. i think i posted in 2 forums... thank you!!