function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CrocketCrocket 

Domain change after refresh.

When single sign-on (SSO) was implemented the (My Domain) domain for our Full environment was set to acme--acmefull.cs10.my.salesforce.com and the domain for our production environment was set to acmeprod.my.salesforce.com.

A Production to Full refresh was performed. After the refresh the refresh process had changed the domain for our Full environment to acmeprod--acmefull.cs10.my.salesforce.com. Salesforce support has stated, " It is expected that the domain name will change after the sandbox refresh." However, I do not see how this is not considered a bug since:

1) It (in effect) breaks SSO every 28 days.

2) Only Salesforce level 3 support has the ability to restore the correct domain name. 

My question is, is everyone else experiencing this issue? Because I did not find the discusion boards flooded with posts regarding this issue I assume the answer is "No".

Thanks in advance.

Crocket

Salesforce WizardSalesforce Wizard

When you refresh a sandbox the settings from Production are used. Your sandbox is effectively "destroyed" and replaced with your production settings.

This includes the domain of your sandbox. The only difference will be the end so: *Product_Domain*.CS10.force.com

CS10 would be replace with the instance of your sandbox. And has a chance to be changed on Refresh. 

davcondevdavcondev
Therefore - would it be fair to say that My Domain naming best practice is as follows?

1. Leave the production instance name generic so that refreshed sandbox names don't become confusing

e.g. use "acme" instead of "acmeprod"

2. Since the subdomain will become part of the sandbox name, don't overqualify the sandbox name

e.g. use "full" instead of "acmefull"

Desired result for this example would be :
acme--full.csN.my.salesforce.com