function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karsten OhmeKarsten Ohme 

Sharing settings on Master-Detail Relationship child

Hi, I'm just studying the Creating On-Demand Applications (Salesforce_creating_on_demand_apps.pdf). There is one example given on page 145 "Try It Out: Defining a Sharing Rule for Review Records ". What is written there seems to be impossible. Review has a Master-Detail Relationship to Job Application. Now it should be possible to create a sharing settings for the Review object, so that also users from another public group have access. But I always see: "You cannot create sharing rules for this item." I guess, because it is dependent on the parent this is not possible, but I'm not sure. What's the problem?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Richa KRicha K

Hi,

As review is on detail side of the Job appliaction, you cannot create sharing rules for review.

But the sharing rules for Job Appliactions are automatically inherited by Review object.

Hope this help you!

All Answers

Richa KRicha K

Hi,

As review is on detail side of the Job appliaction, you cannot create sharing rules for review.

But the sharing rules for Job Appliactions are automatically inherited by Review object.

Hope this help you!

This was selected as the best answer
Karsten OhmeKarsten Ohme
Thanks for the answer. Can you please contact the authors of Creating On-Demand Applications or the Recruiting app to tell them, that theier instructions are not correct? Karsten