function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JohnDTheMavenJohnDTheMaven 

Permission Sets for Guest User License

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to create a permission set based on the Guest User License?

I have a managed package solution and want to define a permission set that the subscribing ORG's admin can then assign to the Force.com Site Guest User as an assignable permission set.

Is this even possible?  If so, how would I go about doing this?

As always, I appreciate the help.

Cheers!

John

KugamonKugamon

Did you find an answer?

Please contact me if you can at kuldip @ kugamon [dot] com

colemabcolemab

As far as I know this isn't currently possible as the "User License" combo box doesn't allow you to select the "Guest User License".

It appears that setting up a group, adding the site user in question to that group, and then implementing sharing rules for that group is the only way to share custom objects that are marked private with the guest/site user.

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

I agree with colemab.

Permissions sets are assigned at individual User level. So to allow permission set to any user, you need to have a user record present in your org.

Thanks,

Devendra

cloudgofercloudgofer
Devendra,
It's not question of assigning permission set to a user, but the question is about creating a permission set which can be later assigned to a site guest user, @John, The Guest User license is not available while creating permission set. hopefully Salesforce does the enhancement soon.
regards,
CloudGofer
Luis CalahorranoLuis Calahorrano
I figured this out and they actually have a note on the section already, so sorry if this is redundant.  But you have to select "None" which allows you to assign that permission set to any license.