function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajrohitgottipolurajrohitgottipolu 

Assigning Leads in Partner Portals

Hi people, 

I'm setting up Partner Portal for my company and I'm running into lot of questions. We have two profiles 'Manager' and 'Agent'.

Manager users can assign leads to themselves and also to agents if desired but Agent users can assign leads just to themselves. 

Manager users can see all the leads but Agent users can see unassigned leads or just the leads assigned to them.

Can you please help me with the security settings for this.

Right now, I made org wide default settings private for Lead object. And I gave sharing rules between Manager and Agent. But it doesn't seem to be good enough.

Thank you,

Raj

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Hey Raj,

What you are trying to achieve will not be resolved by Profiles, instead you have to create a proper role hierarchy where the Agent role is under the Manager role.

You have already set the Org Wide Defaults for lead, and now you can define sharing rules using these roles.

Hope this helps!

Anup

All Answers

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Hey Raj,

What you are trying to achieve will not be resolved by Profiles, instead you have to create a proper role hierarchy where the Agent role is under the Manager role.

You have already set the Org Wide Defaults for lead, and now you can define sharing rules using these roles.

Hope this helps!

Anup

This was selected as the best answer
rajrohitgottipolurajrohitgottipolu

Thank you!

gbhaleraogbhalerao

Hello,

We have a Partner Portal up and running. Business group and I found out that Partner Users submitting leads/Opportunities for Customer Accounts can be edited by Partner Managers even though they are not the owner of the Parent Partner Account.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Geet