function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TLeahyTLeahy 

Partner Portal access - Limit views by different portal logins under same license/profile?

My company has a few clients who we have granted a portal to. We want them to be able to see the Opportunities which their user is the owner of, as well as the custom object "work Order" which is the Opportunities child. My issue is I cannot seem to limit the work order visibility to only those pertaining to them. The opportunities are only visible to the portal user if they are assigned as the owner and no other opportunities are available, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to accomplish this with the work orders even though they are assigned as the owner of the work order as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Starz26Starz26

What is your OWD for Work order? It sounds like it is set to public read / public read/write...

It also appears that it is a lookup relationship. If possible, change it to a master detail.

TLeahyTLeahy

I believe Work Order is set to private, it is a detail of the opportunity.

I got in touch with SF.com help, they told me it is not possible to have custom limited visibility for portal users on custom objects like we can on opportunities and other standard objects. I found a work around though which seems to have satisfied our customers, but thank you for your response@