function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sujan Kumar ReddySujan Kumar Reddy 

Security token

What is a security token? How many characters it contain? An interview question it is? Could anybody please answer it for me?

Regards

Sujan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
@anilbathula@@anilbathula@

Hi Sujan,

Security Token:-

A security token is an automatically generated key that you must add to the end of your password in order to log in to Salesforce from an untrusted network. For example, if your password is mypassword, and your security token is XXXXXXXXXX, then you must enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX to log in. Security tokens are required whether you log in via the API or a desktop client such as Connect for OutlookConnect OfflineConnect for OfficeConnect for Lotus Notes, or the Data Loader.

You are offered a security token if you try to access Salesforce from an untrusted network. Once you have been issued a security token, you have the option to reset this security token at any time.

To reset your security token, click Your Name | Setup | My Personal Information | Reset Security Token, and click the Reset My Security Token button. The new security token is sent via email to the email address on your Salesforce user record.

If you have never been offered a security token, for example, because your organization restricts the IP addresses from which you can log in, the Reset My Security Token node does not appear in Setup.

The size of Security token will differs but Mostly it will be of 24 characters to above.

Thanks

Anil.B