function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kenji776Kenji776 

What the hell is this?

Okay, Salesforce has really been getting on my nerves lately.
I have run across, yet another strange bug. Apperantly the subject of a case in considered a pick list?! It is not, it is a text field. Look at this picture of a workflow rule I have been trying to create. The premise is simple, if the subject contains the word spam (our mail server marks anything it thinks is spam this way) then change the status to junk. Why can't I do this?

werewolfwerewolf
This is a bug in the workflow criteria validator.  Salesforce.com R&D is already looking into it.  Please file a case with Salesforce.com support and note that it's associated with internal bug 193068.
Kenji776Kenji776
Ah,
sweet. I did already file a case, I can update it with that bug number. I kinda suspected that might be a bug. Any suggested workarounds for what I'm trying to do?
werewolfwerewolf
I guess one silly workaround would be to make a custom formula field that reflects the exact same text that's in the Subject field and use that in your criteria instead.  I suspect this bug will be fixed shortly, though, so I'm not sure you actually want to go there.