function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zirosziros 

Scontrol calling apex class which is not webservice

Hello
is there an option to call an apex class which is not webservice from an scontrol

I understand that this call sforce.execute calls apex class which exposed as web service,
but for my case I don't want to expose this class as webservice.

TIA
mtbclimbermtbclimber
No, but Visualforce does this with ease.
Mr.AUGMr.AUG
how?
mtbclimbermtbclimber
Page Markup:
<apex:page controller="MyController">
    <apex:form>
        <apex:commandButton value="Do it!" action="{!doSomething}"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex>

Apex Class:
public class MyController {
    public void doSomething() {
      //do something cool.
    }
}

Message Edited by mtbclimber on 11-12-2008 08:02 AM
Mr.AUGMr.AUG
sorry, i mean that how can get apex class variable from scontrol.
for exampe, if i want to pass userId from apex class to javascript function on scontrol which is embedded in VFpage? 
mtbclimbermtbclimber
Why do you want to use an scontrol in a Visualforce page?
Mr.AUGMr.AUG
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Maybe I'll convert my scontrol to vf later, but not this time. I also want to know the usage of subject attribute of scontrol tag.
My scontrol is flex embedded and using FlexAjaxBridge (FAB), I've tried coping javascript and using flash tag to embed my swf file (FAB.js and swf both from $resource) with no success. FAB is not initializing and other problems.
I'm updating some tables from vf and querying from scontrol to get some parameters from vfpage. But it’s not good approach and instead looking for simpler one (something like query string, or session variable).