function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AAKAlanAAKAlan 

Help! Trying to link to SalesForce with Ajax

Please be gentle, I'm new to SalesForce

I've written a web application. All I need to do is send the data gathered by the web page back to SalesForce.com using JavaScript, hence the Ajax toolkit.

But I can't seem to get started. I've read all the manuals I can find and looked at all the sample code.

However, I can't even get the Ajax Toolkit loaded.

Every example uses something like the following:

<script src="/soap/ajax/11.1/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></<script src="/soap/ajax/11.1/connection.js" type="text/javascript">

Of course, this script uses a relative address to some location on SalesForce.com.

How do I access the toolkit from a browser? Is there a fully-qualified URL I can use for the .js file?
I can't find that information anywhere.

Also, which revision should I be using?

Thank you. I'm stuck :-)

Alan A. Katz
Greg HGreg H
I believe you will encounter a cross-browser scripting error if you try to push the data from an external (non-Salesforce) page to Salesforce using the AJAX toolkit. If your page will ultimately reside inside of Salesforce then the relative location of the toolkit itself should resolve just fine but if your page will remain outside of salesforce you should try referencing:
Code:
http://na1.salesforce.com/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js

I recommend using one of the other toolkits available for your application if it truly will reside outside of Salesforce. You should be able to find the various toolits (PHP, .Net, etc) on the developer.force.com site.
-greg
AAKAlanAAKAlan

Thank you for your excellent reply.

This afternoon, I had already moved to an external php toolkit from SourceForge and, I'll be darned, but it worked first time.

I wonder why SalesForce.com won't make the Ajax toolkit available as a download to reside on our local servers?

Again, thank you.

Alan A. Katz

riffindusriffindus
Hi,

I am encountering an error. can i know, how you resolved it. i am trying to access from a HTML page.

Aariff