function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta 

Unable to Submit HTML Form in Inline Frames in IE, Works fine with Mozilla Firefox

Note : Same Post can be found in VisualForce Category too, Apologies for Duplicate Post
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&thread.id=7900

Hi Friends,

I need to submit HTML Form's in Inline Frame(which are hidden). The forms are submitted programatically using form.submit() syntax.

Before submitting the forms I set the form target to be the inline frame, so when the submit is triggered the forms get posted in the hidden iframes. This entire process is working **bleep** fine with firefox, but the same is not working in IE as desired.

Instead of posting data in those inline frames, IE opens a new window where in it submits or posts the form.

Would really appreciate any help or light on above stated issue.
beenerbeener
I've copied the following from the VF documentation for <apex:form> component.

I hope this will give you a working direction

onsubmitStringThe JavaScript invoked if the onsubmit event occurs--that is, if the user clicks the submit button on the form. Note, in Internet Explorer version 6, if your form has only one input item, pressing return will not trigger the onsubmit event. This is an issue with JavaScript in Internet Explorer version 6, and is not specific to Visualforce. To work around this issue, add a second form element, for example, <apex:inputText style="display:none"/>, which adds a hidden form element.

Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta
Thanks ! But that wasnt relevant to my query. Anyhow appreciate your prompt respone!!

Please find solution to my query at following URL
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&view=by_date_descending&message.id=7908#M7908

Message Edited by Chirag Mehta on 01-03-2009 09:49 AM